Re: PokéBeach Images
I'm so sorry, I was completely oblivious to the fact that their logo was on there (sounds stupid, but I just wanted to get those pages done). I'll find replacement images, but in the meantime, please do remove them. Apologies again. Double Dash 17:00, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
I was planning to upload Fossil and Jungle scans later this week and create their own categories, and was also planning to create categories for the other sets, so NG wouldn't have been "singled out". I just think it's the best way to keep track of all the scans for each expansion. Double Dash 22:08, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- And what about categorizing scans that already exist under such categories? What about promotional cards? And what about not categorizing a Pokémon's card under its category like you had done so skillfully on stuff such as Image:DP-P 083 Hidoran.jpg? Might as well create all of the necessary categories in one swift stroke--and categorize them with a common category--if you didn't want it to appear as if you were singling out one set.
- Such a project is a mighty undertaking. Are you tough enough to endure it? --Shiningpikablu252 22:20, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- Finding the scans that already exist will be no problem - I can navigate through the card articles on Bulbapedia and categorize every scan I find there. I can also go through the Pokémon categories if necessary (such as this one) and categorize any that have been missed out. Promotional cards, I can put in their respective category such as "DP-P Promotional cards" or "ADV Promotional cards" depending on which promo list they're in on the Bulbapedia. (If possible, I'd also put up any scans or Japanese images that are no longer used up for deletion.)
- I'd start with the ones I'm currently prepping to upload, Jungle and Fossil, which will be up within the next two or three days. Then I'd like to start going through sets chronologically, starting with Base Set and finishing with Legends Awakened (which I'll be scanning in after the pre-releases, hopefully). All of these categories would eventually go under "Category:TCG Expansions". It's a big undertaking, I know, and it might take me a week or so to do it, but I can do it. And I won't quit halfway through - I don't do that. Double Dash 22:55, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
I'll just reupload the images they kept fighting over and revert his back to his, alright? Tc26 23:36, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- Anything to stop this stupid edit war. I suspect one of the combatants, probably Pikastorm, might be a Jsmith sockpuppet based on this warring. However, there's insufficient evidence for me to make an outright accusation and block infinitely for it; therefore, I turned to Fabu-Vinny on this issue, he's better at detecting Jsmith sockpuppets than I am. --Shiningpikablu252 02:10, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Don't delete things until you phase them out, that image of Primeape was used on many pages on Balbapedia, but, thankfully, none on Bulbanews! Moldy orange 02:01, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, but switch them out before so that no problems occur, sorry. Moldy orange 02:03, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Most of those links were meant for an image that had been deleted prior. I noticed that image being used a lot in custom sprite tables, and an anime screenshot looked quite out of place among them.
- Thank You^^Yamato 19:52, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Why did you revert Image:Duplica.PNG? Mine may not have been from the anime, but it was better quality, showed all of her body, showed her actual clothes (she only wore white when she was imitating Team Rocket), and was higher resolution, something that the anime screenshot failed to fulfill. So, why did you revert it? Chocolate 18:04, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- No, Primeape does not have new spritework in the third. If it did, there'd be two sets of sprites on Shiningpikablu252 21:54, 10 December 2008 (UTC) , one for the first two and one for the third. Tell me, how many sprite pairs (a normal-coloration and an alternate-coloration) do you see on the page I linked to? Right, just one. Just one set of sprites for the three games. --
- Serebii just didn't notice the difference in the sprites. I saw a page before that had that exact same sprite listed as the Platinum sprite. Primeape's Platinum sprite is not the second frame D/P sprite either.
- First frame D/P sprite:
- Second frame D/P sprite:
- Primeape's Platinum sprite:
- Uh, no, that third sprite is not an actual sprite. If Primeape really did have different spritework in the third, serebii would have noted it. Your so-called "new sprite" is either a second-frame or a fan-edit. --Shiningpikablu252 22:41, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- Last I checked, Kenji-girl does not have sysop power on the Archives.
- Furthermore, that sprite could have been taken from a source that edited the Primeape sprite to make people think Primeape got new spritework in the third when it in fact did not. Primeape did not get new spritework in the third, end of story. --Shiningpikablu252 22:46, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- 1. True, but she has sysop power on Bulbapedia.
- Sysop power is not universal. ****, I don't have sysop power over on Bulbanews, and I'm not one to go out and demand it...
- Additionally, the folks at serebii.net did play the third and did a lot of research to learn about the new stuff, including the new spritework. If Primeape were to have gotten new spritework in the third, someone at serebii.net would have noticed, ripped that spritework, and put it onto Primeape's page.
- Please accept the fact that Primeape did NOT get new spritework in the third to Diamon/Pearl. Trust me, if it did, we would have known the day serebii.net put up the new spritework. --Shiningpikablu252 22:56, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- And I'll be proven right. Sprites only get edited between territories if it can be seen as offensive in a certan area, such as what happened with Registeel in European Diamond/Pearl. From what I can tell, Primeape's sprite isn't seen as offensive anywhere in the world...--Shiningpikablu252 23:17, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- They're sitestamped. We don't use sitestamped images. If that user really wants to upload better-quality images, that user should get versions without sitestamps and upload those. --Shiningpikablu252 17:22, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
BP logo edit?
Am I allowed to upload an image with a modified (only photoshop effects) Bulbapedia logo? I'd use it to replace the original Bulbapedia logo (Image:Bulbapedia logo.png) in my custom theme, since the original version doesn't go well with it. (I'd tag the image as a personal use image.) I'm asking this because of I'm not sure if the copyrights of the original logo image allow this. UltimateSephiroth 21:08, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I went back and checked the style on normal-color Rayquaza before applying the template for alternate-color Blastoise. Since I only did Hippopotas, both male and female, out of order, that makes it only 10 sprites I did incorrectly. --Shiningpikablu252 23:32, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Recolor vs, direct rip (Emerald sprites)
Hi, I don't know if you read my reply on my talk page, so I'm posting here.
I still don't see the difference between a recolored normal sprite and a directly ripped one other than that the latter takes a lot longer. On top of that, I don't really have a method to determine exactly how long each frame remains visible. I could just look at the normal sprites, but then there's almost no difference to a recolor. Advice would be appreciated. -- Socob ( Talk | Contribs ) 14:03, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- The reason direct rips are preferred is because sprites might differ in color between even games of the same generation (witness Wartortle). Recolors tend to duplicate color schemes from another game in the same generation, which may lead to inaccurate coloration if done incorrectly. --Shiningpikablu252 15:54, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, such a plan would probably be stopgap at best...--Shiningpikablu252 18:49, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Shiny Heracross Sprites
Pffft. And there I go, screwing something up. Ahaha! Well, at least this→ File:214_s.png sprite doesn't look fuzzy anymore, but this one→File:Spr_214_m_s.png still does and for some reason the "current sprite" files are still showing up as the DP sprites, even though the Platinum one is right there in the past versions table. ...The mechanisms of this system confound me, and now I think I dislike Heracross. A lot.[/deadpan] Thanks for trying to fix up my chain of errors, though. ChaudCo 02:19, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, the "current game sprites", which are those that begin with simply the National Pokédex numbers (such as File:214.png and File:214 s.png), are liable to have past sprites in their history tables. Non-alternate-color ones from prior to Generation IV are liable to have Generation III sprites as their first iteration, and current game sprites typically include updates for each new release. With HeartGold/SoulSilver's release imminent, there'll be a lot of activity in the current game sprites, with no less than 1,650 sprites to recieve updates provided they all actually do get new spritework.
- If you still see any problems, try clearing your cache. There's a clock to the left of your username, click it. --Shiningpikablu252 02:38, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, right, the cache purge! I forgot about that. In any case, I think I'll leave those sprites well enough alone for a while. o__o --ChaudCo 02:53, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Could you please...
Hi Pikablu. I did not know if there was some way to request something be deleted but I was wondering if you could possible delete the red sprite at File:RedHGSS.gif as I uploaded a new one that looks better at File:RedHGSS.png. Also, I accidentally uploaded another Scyther sprite before I figured out that they are linked as m and f. The extra scyther one is located at File:Spr_4h_123.png. Thanks. -MasterKenobi 04:28, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- Done. --Shiningpikablu252 04:49, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- there is now the option to uncheck the "Leave a redirect behind" box. Please do that instead of the move/delete system we were previously forced to do. It's quite a convenient feature. I think it'll make things a lot easier if you were to use it. MaverickNate 12:43, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
- Uh, where is it supposed to be? I'd do it if I only knew how...--Shiningpikablu252 12:44, 1 May 2010 (UTC)