Archives policies in general are statements issued by Bulbagarden Archives that have varying scope and power. They fall into four categories:
- Policies - these are strongly binding recommendations and can be considered law.
- Guidelines - these are non-binding recommendations for administrators and users.
- Processes - these outline formal processes on Bulbagarden Archives such as dispute resolution.
- Statements - these are official statements on things such as fair use.
A summary of the offenses which can lead to blocking include but are not limited to:
- Malicious page editing
- Link hijacking
- Edit or revert wars
- Violations of other Archives policies
The username policy outlines what is and what is not permissible in a username on Bulbagarden Archives, and the Archives regulations on bots.
Image use policy
- Main article: Archives:Image use policy
- Images should have a descriptive but concise file name.
- Image summary pages should contain source information.
- Images must be tagged appropriately.
- Images should be used on a Bulbagarden project.
- Images should be relevant.
- Images for illustrating non-content pages are permitted, subject to some limitations:
- Images for personal user pages are not allowed.
Bulbagarden Archives is not an image hosting service:
- Images should not be direct-linked from other sites.
Manual of style
- Main article: Archives:Manual of style
The Archives manual of style dictates the size, filetype, and other preferred conventions used in selecting, processing, and uploading images.