no edit summary
Avoid any alteration to stock artwork, except removing backgrounds or intrustive text and resizing.
* Stock artwork should be saved as .jpg, except when the background is transparent, in which case .png is preferred.
* All sprites should be either .png or .gif images with either white or transparent backgrounds.
* Please avoid trimming sprites, and never scale sprites. Sprites should be kept true to their original size; for example, Pokémon and trainer battle sprites from the first two generations should be 56x56, battle sprites from the third generation should be 64x64, and battle sprites from the fourth generation should be 80x80.
* Screenshots made and provided by a Bulbapedia user are preferred over ones taken from other websites.
* Screenshots should be saved as .jpg files.
* Screenshots made with any sort of screen capture device are preferred over screenshots taken with a camera. However, in the event that screen captures are not currently available, quality photos are acceptable replacements.
===Episode and movie screenshots===
* If used in the articles for the episode or movie that the screenshot was derived from, avoid trimming the image. Screenshots for episodes should be 320x240, or failing that, in another 4:3 ratio. Screenshots for movies should be 426x240, or failing that, in another 16:9 ratio, assuming the movie is in widescreen format. If the screenshot is used in another article, such as a character profile, trimming is allowed to focus the image on the
* Episode screenshots should be as informative about the episode as possible. The best screenshots focus on major characters, depict the plot or major events of the episode, and display the episode's animation quality. Screenshots with watermarks or text on them should particularly be avoided.
* Scans made and provided by a Bulbapedia user are preferred over ones taken from other websites.
* Scans should be saved as .jpg files.
* Scans are preferred over photos taken with a camera. However, in the event that scans are not currently available, quality photos are acceptable replacements.
* Minimal alteration of scans are preferred. Any changes should attempt to preserve the original content and quality of the image. In the case of notably low-quality
screenshots, however, alterations which increase the quality of the screenshot are acceptable.