Thank you, and have a good time uploading here!
- OK, thanks. --SnorlaxMonster 01:55, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
Hey SM, I am here to explain my previous edit. Bulba archives encourages to upload images with the png extensions instead of jpgs for the quality reason and it is also necessary to upload a transparent version (no whitish background) of an image. As you can see the major difference between these two images.File:PokemonRanger Character 02.jpg
- Now, tell me isn't there a big difference in both images? Is the quality and transparency of both images looks same? ♫♪AdyNiz♪♫ 13:54, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't mean that I didn't understand the reason. I meant that you should put it in the delete template. I understand why you did it. --SnorlaxMonster 06:35, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
Route 10 HGSS
Screenshots with walking Pokémon
If it's got Celebi as the walking Pokémon, there's a 99.9% chance you should not be using it. It's always best to take your own screenshots rather than "stealing" from other sites. —darklordtrom 08:09, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- They're all from PokéWiki. As far as I know, the purpose of Encyclopaediae Pokémonis is that we can use information without it being "stealing". --SnorlaxMonster 08:13, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Also, I checked (after you messaged me) and couldn't find that picture anywhere on Serebii, especially here. --SnorlaxMonster 08:46, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
Alright sorry about the questiomarks. Didn't know they were "Bad.
Just make sure you replace all the locations where the image is used on the page in the future when remaining/replacing images. Koolboyman 16:58, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for all the hard work you've done on the Archives. Welcome aboard the new team. I trust that you will use your new superpower well and help keep this place organized. There's always stuff to do on the Archives and we depend on people like you to keep things smooth! (I hope you'll be more active here now too). —♥ Jellotalk 09:27, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
Relic castle has christmas lights
JP Crystal Jynx sprite
That gonna be the hardest one (since it looks I need to do it the legit way)... I just considered that I would had to hatch the Odd Egg until I would get Shiny Smoochum... since normally chance for shiny is just too low to get it fast (last time I got shiny that way was... ~1 month ago, and the second-to-last was so long ago that I don't remember the date, and actually it was first with 1 to 8192 chance), and breeding for shiny Smoochum is impossible due to that no Pokémon before RSE had any Pokémon that were in Human-like and another group (was considering chain breeding from Red Gyarados... as Generation II is capable of breeding for shiny). Also, wtf is with counter on talk of main page? It says 290 out of 289 for GS Back sprites (both shiny and non-shiny) Marked +-+-+ 14:33, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- You could always try the Shiny Ditto glitch. Or you could just hack one in (easiest way). --SnorlaxMonster 15:15, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hack in? Impossible, I can't find codes (for shiny) for JP Crystal, only English, and I don't think if there is stuff like Advance Map, but for Generation II in Japanese. I don't know if it's possible to trade Pokémon from English eg. Yellow to Japanese Crystal (as international trade was implemented in Generation III). Also, acidentally uploaded Senior Administrator) Marked +-+-+ 15:39, 8 September 2011 (UTC). and it was impossible to move file as there was redirect there ._. (and I know that you are
Wait. lolwut I just could use Jynx from English Crystal to trade it to Yellow, then to JP Crystal (since I managed to link Yellow to JP Crystal... it's Japanese, due to everything in Japanese and party being other than English games). YEEEES. Marked +-+-+ 16:06, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- FUUUU doesn't work (the party of JP Crystal appears glitchy in Yellow and Crystal itself can't connect). And the Pokémon Comunnication Center is screwed. ._. Marked +-+-+ 16:22, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
Oh. I just remember that I have Japanese Gold (or Silver? It's translated to Trademarked... I think, it could be Hepburn) and I am capable of 100% shiny encounter stuff. Now just gonna trade it to Crystal. Marked +-+-+ 12:33, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- That's great! Yeah, I knew about my promotion. I was talking to PsychicRider on AIM at the time anyway (the person who promoted me). Carmen handled the image you uploaded under the wrong name. I don't think inter-language trading is possible in Gens I and II either (although your testing seemed to prove that). Also, I think the Shiny Ditto glitch would have saved a bit of time if you have Japanese R/B/Y, but hacking is easier of course. --SnorlaxMonster 04:51, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Although a bit late...
Thanks for getting the two templates (mva and aba ones) approved. I appreciate it. For the two parter moves such as Pattyman 15:34, 11 September 2011 (UTC), how do I handle those? I did start on some of them.
- Well, for that one, the name should be File:Roserade Flash Aipom.png (no pun intended). Even if it is a Pokémon being hit by an attack, focus on the user. For images with multiple moves being used, just put another template on for each move. --SnorlaxMonster 15:38, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
- Except that that image wasn't used (I checked and it wasn't in a switch on Ash's Aipom or Gardenia's page) so I deleted it. --SnorlaxMonster 15:40, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
What's the policy on animated sprites? Are we doing those for DPPt/HGSS or BW? There seems to be some people uploading the Gen IV animations - how are those getting created? --Jdthebud 07:35, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- All sprites with the prefix "Spr" should be animated (if they are animated). Pure number filenames like File:001.png are not. I don't know how it is done (you're better off asking someone doing it that question), but they must all be uploaded as animated PNG files. --SnorlaxMonster 12:12, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
Linking TCG/TFG images
- There isn't really any reason not to link them. TCG isn't linked because, well, it would be a huge effort to do it. Ideally, both would just use summary templates (which I intended to make once). --SnorlaxMonster 13:31, 1 January 2012 (UTC)